Monday, October 6, 2008

Cyber Cafe

Somehow, we ended up living in a neighborhood with few functional Internet Cafes. The closest one that allows us to upload is a rickshaw ride away in the hip yogi hood. Our local place, Net Dynasty (formerly Food Dynasty), had a connection that was worse than the earliest forms of dial-up. The only time we visited, I sat on a broken box. Although, to be fair, they are now undergoing a rennovation.

At the very least we want to check email and facebook and maybe blog a little but the computers seem to be thinking, "Ok. Gmail. I can do that. Wait a minute... another window? Facebook. Ok Wait you are trying to sign in at the same time? Which do you want? Gmail or Faceb... or the NYTimes? Shit. You know, I better just not respond right now. You're sending mixed messages. I'm not going to respond to that. I'll just wait and see. Phew. This is hard work."

Today we are trying the next closest place, which we discovered yesterday after a wrong turn. KP is waiting for a computer while the 2 kids next to me play first a cricket game, then Vice City. From what I can see, Vice City is not an appropriate game for 4 and 9 year olds......

No comments: